2007-03-18

Florida!

I haven't posted in a loonnnggggg time, but I was in Florida to visit my family and to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. It was a great time even though a little cool. 50s and 60s beat teens and 20s any day.

While there I also kayaked with Mom, Uncle Bob and Aunt Chris. I would highly recommend David at Almost Heaven Kayak Adventures. We did a three hour nature tour in the mangroves around Lido Key. It was incredible and not too much for this fat guy.

Also, if you are within an hour's drive, you MUST go to Pelican Alley for seafood chowder. The thickest, creamiest, best built chowder this side of Maine. We had scallops and squid and fish and shrimp and all kinds of stuff floating around in the yummiest new england style chowder. Topped with a teaspoon or so of drawn butter. MAN! that is good stuff!!

Dad had a successful birthday! He entered a new decade with the help of Liver and Onions at Mel's Diner in Venice! We even went to an opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment